LI Speech Teletherapy
In an effort to conform to the new normal of distance learning and telemedicine we will continue to offer teletherapy services. For your convenience, the in office policy and procedures you are familiar with will be consistent for teletherapy.
At this time the insurance companies have not placed restrictions on the type of services that can be provided via telemedicine; however we anticipate this will change in the months ahead.
Presently telemedicine appointments can be booked via this website, or by phone. Standing teletherapy appointments are available via office secretary. Confirmation calls will apply. Copayments are expected within 24 hours of your teletherapy appointment, unless a card is on file in which we will charge the card at the time of therapy. Any outstanding balance beyond that 24 hour period will accrue a processing fee and/or interest charge. It is encouraged for this reason, to keep a credit card on file for automatic charge. Any charge over $100 will not be processed without prior notification.
Due to current insurance parameters, therapy sessions must be a minimum of 17 minutes, therefore we must be stringent on timely attendance to your therapy session. If you are more than 4 minutes late, this will be considered a missed appointment, in which you can contact a secretary to reschedule the appointment.
1. Therapy sessions will be with a Licensed Speech Language Pathologist
2. Therapy session will be available through Zoom
3. Therapy sessions will be 20 minutes
4. Cost will be $50.00 per session
5. We cannot guarantee a “particular” therapist, but will be one employed by J. Stiene Speech. In the event your regular in office therapist is unavailable, all listed SLPs are licensed and trained to treat all patients with varying needs, regardless of office. Therefore, your therapist selection can be based on your availability.
6. A credit card will be required to begin the process. A minimal charge of $1.00 at random may be applied to validate cc authorization.
7. No out of pocket charges will be collected until September, 2020 / INTEREST FREE
8. When able to return to an office setting, in the event the opportunity to bill the insurance is available, and if authorized, the patient will be notified. Billing of insurance will be at the discretion of the practice.
If already registered, please log in.
*Disclaimer: The document is strictly confidential and solely for the use of J. Stiene Speech Pathology teletherapy. This document has been prepared for consent and authorization purposes only. The creator and provider of this document expressly disclaims any and all liability with respect to actions or omissions based on this document. While safeguards have been implemented to insure website and data system confidentiality, this website is not HIPAA compliant given the current pandemic.